1/18/2009

Loyalty Marketing Programs


If you ever been stationed at Okinawa Japan during the 1990's; you will remember the Loyalty Cards, that where given out when you got a Haircut at one of the Base Barber Shops. You know the cards that gave you a free haircut, with purchase of ten haircuts. I know I used them due to I got a haircut every week; and had two boys that lived at home, which they needed haircuts also. So for me it was a no Brainer; to save money, I used these cards.

Who else in the marketing world used Loyalty Programs to keep the patrons coming back to them? All the Airlines use Loyalty Programs; which they call Frequent Flyer Miles. What Frequent Flyer Miles does is keep customer coming back to that Airline; so they can gain more Frequent Flyer Miles, so that one day they can use these Miles to pay for a free Flight.

Lets look at another type of Loyalty Program that is used by the Automotive Industry; and that would be the discounts given for repeat brand buyers. I myself like this one due to it saves me money when I buy a new Chevy; which is about the only brad that I buy these days. And trust me any amount that you can get off of the price of a New Car is good news in my Book.

So is Loyalty Marketing Programs effective? Do they get repeat buys from the consumers? In my world they do; and I bet that if you look hard into your world you would see that you too use loyalty programs when making a consumer decision.

No comments: