1/18/2009

Contest and Sweepstakes


Have you ever been hooked on a Contest or Sweepstakes that a Marketer as produced to keep you coming back to what they where producing or providing? Most of have been hooked by the use of this type of Marketing Program; and we will continue to fall for these in the future. Let us look at a couple of these type of Marketing Programs.

What comes to mind when you think Sweepstakes Program? Does Publisher Clearinghouse Sweepstake come to mind? I bet it does it is one of the oldest ones around. So how does this Sweepstakes work? You sign up for magazines prescriptions in order to be entered into the Sweepstakes and hopes of winning big money.

Do you remember the game of Monopoly that you played as a kid? Well one of the biggest McDonald's Contest Games; is themed after the Game of Monopoly. As you buy certain items on their menu; it will have attached one or more of the game style cards on it. If you are lucky enough you can get something free, or even win one of the big prices.
So get out there and play the Contest and Sweepstakes; but remember it is part of a well crafted marketing Plan, designed to turn you into a repeat buyer. But most of the time they are fun and you do receive what you wish; so have a Big mack and read Car and Driver.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never realy got into the Publisher Clearinghouse Sweepstake although I did get hooked on the Monopoly game at McDonalds. I would go almost everday just to try to win. If you made your meal a super size you would get an extra game piece. They were making money off me like crazy. I did not even have to be hungry. I dont think it is the same now for me. You never see the winners and so I stopped playing wondering if anyone ever wins?

Anonymous said...

My grandmother was a member of the Publisher Clearinghouse, we used to ask her what she would do if she won the money. As for the McDonalds game, I tried once to collect game tickets from different states to see if I could get the winner, no luck. If companies want to keep these kind of market plans going, they need to start to show real winners, not actors. Then maybe I will try the McDonalds game again.